“The weak can never forgive”~Unknown
I always like to start of my blog with a quote, because it set the tone for my entire blog. When I found the quote above it hit me so deep, because I have a hard time forgiving. It’s not that I don’t forgive, it just take time for me to process the situation.
Let that sink in “THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE “
I had to ask myself am I weak? Let me tell you, I’m the most strongest and most independent person around. However, I struggle with forgiveness, it’s definitely not my strong suit because I give 100% so when I feel wronged it’s hard for me to forgive. I can forget you, but I can’t forgive you.
So it’s like there is a whole lot of forgotten people in the world I have not forgiven.
Forgiveness is a process. Forgiveness is healing. For me, it’s a self improvement process that I am working on. Uchenna has helped me tremendously in that area of my life. He practices advance forgiveness, because he knows no one is perfect but God. I truly thank God and forever grateful for him.
So, how do we forgive.
- Step away from the situation.
- Internalize it and accept what happened.
- Make the decision to forgive.
- Talk about it and express what the person has done to hurt you.
- Remember everyone feelings are valid.
- Practice empathy and understanding of the persons behavior who hurt you.
- Finally, just let it go.FORGIVE.
What forgiveness is not.
- Forgiveness is not reconciliation. I can forgive you and not reconcile.
- Forgiveness is not forgetting that you hurt me.
- Forgiveness is not ignoring the issue.
- Forgiveness is not allowing you to be a repeat offender.
- Forgiveness is not compulsory,it’s a choice.
P.S. Do you struggle with forgiveness? How do you forgive?