Expecting too much can lead to so much disappointment~Unknown
Life is all about rhythm. I found that out watching The Secret . Regardless of who and what you are you will experience, hurt, pain, and disappointment at some point in your life. . That’s just how it is. It’s how we deal with those things that help ease the process .
Disappointment, hurt, and pain are all uncomfortable emotions. When we experience these emotions from someone it’s because we set the bar high, we expected more. That’s the wrong word EXPECT. Well the cliche saying is “have no expectations”. Sometimes you have got to throw expectations out the window.
Sometimes that can be difficult because when you love people it’s just natural to have certain expectations. For me I have become numb to those emotions, sad but true. It has become second nature to me because that’s what life is all about -The RYTHM. Ups and downs, the highs and the lows. The good and the bad.
Below are the best ways to navigate through disappointment, hurt, and pain:
- It’s always important to change your focus. Don’t focus on what has caused you the hurt, pain, or disappointment.
- Trust the process and understand that everything-happens for a reason. You may not see it today but you will eventually find out the reason why.
- Reality Check-Accept responsibility in your roll if any that you played. Sometimes we create our own pain and it’s important to own that. Take responsibility for your actions. Sometimes it’s beyond our control.
- Acceptance- accept was happened. But acceptance can be hard, many people live in denial because it’s easier to cope. Acceptance is key to life.
- Phone a friend-it’s always good to have that friend you can call when you are going through something. Call that person who you know will listen and not be critical.
- Cry- it’s ok to cry. Just let it out. Just because you cry doesn’t make you weak. Crying cleanses the soul.
- Set a time frame for how long you will deal with those emotions. Nothing last forever, so don’t make it last forever.
- Let it go-once you have had your pity party, you have cried, you’ve accepted your roll. Let it go. Always remember, these three words LIFE GOES ON!
Remember hurt, pain, and disappointments are apart of life. It’s not your life. Those emotions shall pass.