If the only only payer you said was THANK YOU, that would suffice. ~Unknown
I always love to learn new things and I found out September 21 is World Gratitude Day. Gratitude Day was first celebrated in 1965 and is recognized each year as a day to show appreciation for all things in life big and small all around the world.
It’s a universal day to show gratitude and appreciation.
Gratitude is defined as the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.
As a kid growing up, my mother always taught me to say please and thank you. Saying thank you is embedded in my DNA 🧬 and I raised my daughter the exact same way, in regards to the importance of saying thank you.
My mother always taught me that no one is required to do anything for you. So when somebody do anything for you whether it’s BIG or SMALL it’s always imperative to say THANK YOU. I learned the most beautiful way to show what’s inside your heart is simply by saying genuinely two simple words THANK YOU!
Below are 7 suggestions that will encourage you to how to show gratitude.
- Be Grateful to God – Sometimes people forget the creator the person who make all things possible. Often time, people thank and praise everyone, without genuinely thanking the creator. God loves to be praised. Thank God Today.
- Be Grateful for your life- There is someone in the world who want your life. Sometimes people complain about what they are passing through in life. The problem that is big to you, may be small to someone else. Appreciate where you are in life, tables can turn at any moment.
- Be Grateful For Your Home-When they say it’s no place like home, that’s true. Always be grateful for your place of refuge. Take time to keep your home clean, clutter free, and create a serene environment so you can have clear positive thoughts. Your personal space impacts how you feel.
- Appreciate your struggle-We are all struggling with something. God gave it to you because he know you were the only one who could handle the battle. Wherever you are in life accept and appreciate that’s where you are supposed to be.
- Be Grateful For Your Job-Most people look at their job as a means to an end and never truly appreciate their job. Whatever job you have always give it 200%, there is always someone waiting for your job just like your life. You are blessed with employment, while their is someone who is unemployed. Appreciate your job!
- Appreciate the People who are no longer in your life-Keep in mind those people were seasonal and provided whatever purpose they were suppose to provide at that time in your life. Seasonal people are place holders. They were never meant to be permanent. God always remove people from your life at the right time. Trust the process.
- Appreciate Everyone who is consistently in your life. Always appreciate the people who are in your life through the good and the bad times. Appreciate those who love you unconditionally , understand you, accept you flaws and all. Most importantly appreciate people who know you are not perfect and are not judgmental.
There is always something to be genuinely grateful for. I hope you have a great day appreciating everything about your life.Most importantly I hope you are thankful today and everyday of your life.
Happy Gratitude Day
As always thanks for stopping by.
PHOTO CREDIT: CANVA