I love to travel the world and experience new cultures. Travel is always fun and exciting. From the planning of the trip to the anticipation of seeing something new and just relaxing. I have a big vacation coming up next month, that I have been preparing and planning since March.
Whenever I go on vacation, whether it’s for a weekend or two weeks, I always start packing early. I usually start one month in advance, so that I don’t forget anything. I know it sounds a bit extreme, I just hate the unnecessary hassle of forgetting something. When you forget basic items it is more costly.
When I travel, I prefer to be hassle free of any unnecessary issues. So I thought, it would be great to create a list of my favorite budget friendly travel items to have when you travel as I prepare for my next journey.
Here is my list of my favorite and affordable travel things:
- Travel Wallet– it’s important to have a travel wallet to keep all of your travel documents in one place. Such as your passport, identification, and travel itineraries. (always make a copy of your passport and other important travel documents)
- Luggage scale- Weighing your luggage simplifies your trip and save you lots of money. There is nothing like getting to the counter and you are checking in your luggage and you are a few pounds over. You start reshuffling things. However, if you purchase a light luggage scale before you go to the airport, it will alleviate that stress.
- Packing Cubes- Packing cubes are portable storage and luggage organizers. Having portable storage is essential to being organized for your trip. It gives you a peace of mind. No one wants to be all over the place. Having portable storage assist you with packing so you know where everything will be once you get to your destination.
- Portable Power Bank– When you embark on a long journey, you do not want the stress of looking for places to charge your phone. It is always good to have a portable power bank just in case you visit a country where there is low power supply. Not to mention they are portable, sleek, and convenient to use.
- Travel Neck Pillow-I can’t stress the importance of a travel pillow. Your neck will thank you when you get to your arrival destination. I prefer the memory foam travel neck pillows. Memory foam pillows are soft and offer lots of comfort. Always purchase your neck pillow in advance, if purchase at the airport they are over priced.
- Ear Phones-Never leave these, it’s a most so that you can listen to your own music or watch a movie on your flight. I always recommend getting a second pair, just in case you lose one. Also, again, if you forget them, they are overpriced in the airport.
- Compression Socks- If you are traveling greater than 4 hours its must and your legs will thank you later. Flying over 4 hours your legs get stiff and cramped. However, if you have compressions socks, that will give you some relief and comfortability for your entire flight.
- Selfie Stick – It’s a must to have a selfie stick! To snap the perfect memory. Asking others to take your pic can be a hassle sometimes because you don’t want to inconvenience anyone. Not only that, they may not take a good pic and you hate to ask a stranger for a retake. YIKES!! So to avoid any of those issues get you a selfie stick.
- Travel Scarf – Travel scarfs are versatile and very comfortable. You can use it as a shawl while you are in the chilly airport. Then once you are on the plane you can convert it to a blanket. Not to mention they are stylish and light weight.
All of the above items you can find on Amazon, for your next travel experience. (Technical difficulties with me inserting the links) 🤷🏽♀️ Let me know what you think.